A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Don't Make Me Count To Three"

This book is divided into three parts. Part 1 is Reaching the Heart of Your Child. It is our calling as parents to reach the heart of our children. How do we do that? This book gives some great wisdom in how to begin and continue drawing out issues of the heart in our children. Then we can train them in righteousness. This is such a great calling to be the mother of these precious children and I know that without God I will not be able to reach their hearts.

Part 2 is How to Give a Biblical Reproof. Correction and discipline can not be done correctly aside from God's word. How do we speak to our children when we are disciplining them? I am guilty of raising my voice and being angry but that is NOT the way the Lord discipline's me. I have learned and gained so much from this part. God has revealed to me some sin in my life in correcting my children. Praying that God would change me and grow me in giving biblical reproof.

Part 3 is The Biblical Use of the Rod. Spanking is a controversial issue so I know that this part may not set well with some. This book gives clear guidelines for when to spank and when not to. Also that spanking is biblical and if we search out the word of God we will see this is something He is for. There is scripture to back up spanking and how it can be a source of driving out the foolishness in the heart of our children (Proverbs 22:15).

Once again I have so gleaned from this book. It will be one of those books that I will be able to refer back to in days, months and even years to come. I thank the Lord for placing it in my path and for allowing me to share it with you. I know that we are in this together as moms and that our hearts are for the hearts of our children.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

We have SUCH an important job as a Mother.
Great post, Cantina!!