A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Helpful Hints

A Menu for the week(s) to come. This has helped us out in more than one way. First of all I make a list of all the meals that our family likes or eats and then I sit down with a calendar to decide what we will have for which meals. On that calendar I write down what our meals will be for each day that week and if possible the next week. From this calendar I compose a grocery list or make sure I have those items on hand. Then I write out my menu and post it to where the whole family can view it. My big kids love having this so they will know what we are having to eat and they don't have to ask me. Having a menu really helps me when I am trying to grocery shop for two weeks. I always get a few extra things for those "just in case" moments. Now I will say this, things come up and we don't always have what is written down to eat but I still am prepared. It is nice to know ahead of time what we are having so incase I need to set something out for the next day. Writing the menu down on a calendar is helpful for me, I know what we had last week and the week before, etc.


This is the claendar I use. Use what ever is best for you.


This is what our menu looks like. I place mine in a clear project sleeve so that I can write on the sleeve with a dry earse marker and then I can reuse it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to a week with you and the kids and our meals together. Plan on Parkway for a couple of those meals that week. Dad's buying!!

Love,
Mom