A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie



Thought I would share one of our favorite meals with you. It is real easy and very tasty. Hope you might try it and that you will enjoy it!

-boneless skinless chicken (3 breast give or take) cooked and shredded (I cook mine in the crock pot all day and then it falls apart when I get ready to shred it)
-1 lb bag of frozen mixed vegetables
-1 Can of cream of chicken soup
-1 can of cream of mushroom soup (you could use cream of celery instead)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 frozen deep dish pie crust (they come in a pack of two)

Cook and shred your chicken and mix in your cans of soup. Cook your vegetables and mix them in with the chicken mixture. While your veggies are cooking put out your pie crust so they will thaw out. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Mix really well (mixture will be thick) and then pour in to first pie crust. Invert second pie crust on top. Poke holes with fork in top crust. Place on cookie sheet (in case it bubbles over some) and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That is one of our favorites that I haven't made in sooo long. I'm so glad you reminded me of it! Hoping you are feeling good & so glad you shared your yummy recipe!! Lots of Love!!

Wendy Harris said...

Can't wait to try this recipe!! I love chicken pot pie! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Looks really good!!!

Anonymous said...

I am Anonymous (mom)