A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Brothers, Balance and Blessings! Part 3

Blessings: "Count your many blessings, name them one by one...". So you and I would be here all day if we really counted our blessings! Think about this....even those times that we can't see the blessing in our situation, give it some time and we will clearly see the blessing that God has given us! When the kiddos had to go potty and we had to pull over for the 3rd or 4th time (argh!) just to later discover that there was a wreck and had we not stopped to take the kiddos to potty we would have been in that wreck! Ouch! So many times I fret and fuss about something that didn't go just as I had planned but afterwards I can look back and see God's hand of blessings the whole time!! I even miss those blessings in the boys He has given me sometimes. I get so busy wanting the house to look like "Better Homes and Garden" that I miss the blessings of enjoying my children.

"Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise...". It is God who gives me blessings and the least I can do is praise Him for them. I need to give credit where credit is due. My children are such a blessing from the Lord and I can't imagine one day without them. God uses those boys (and Sarah) of mine to be big blessings. Just like when Big brother made my bed the other day he did that without me asking, he was blessing me. When middle brother comes to me, kisses me and says "Thank you for supper, mommy", he blesses me. When little brother wants to crawl up in my lap and wants me to hold him, that blesses my heart. There are days that I think to myself "What if God gives us another boy", and then I am reminded of the blessings that the boys I have are. I am reminded of how God uses those boys to mold me and make me who He wants me to be. So if God does give us another boy (or a girl), I will feel God pouring out His blessings on me and I will turn and praise Him! I have so much to praise Him for.

No comments: