A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FOOTBALL!!

Shelbyville Eagles!

Isaac is in the green shirt.

Isaac is in the green shirt.

Isaac is #4. He is trying to block or tackle the other guy (#23).

Here he comes off the field! I love that football player of mine!

Isaac is playing football this year. This is something new for us. He has played baseball, basketball and soccer but this is our first year playing football. If you know Isaac you know that he is really in to football and loves football. For his birthday he got football trading cards and you would have thought that he got a million dollars. Anyway we decided to let him play this year and really tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted that this was what he wanted to do. Well it has been more than he ever thought. They practice every day except Wednesday and Friday for two hours a day. Before school started they practiced every day! Games are on Saturday and no telling where they will be....some are even going to be an hour or so away! He has had some tough times but he has hung in there and Bryan said that last night at practice Isaac did the best he has ever done. Of coarse with him being one of the smaller ones and this being his first year he doesn't get to play a whole lot, but if he keeps giving it his best he will play more and more. I will be honest....I do not like football!! It is not my favorite sport, but because of Isaac I am learning and look forward to seeing him on the field. I am very proud of him for trying and hanging in there even when it isn't that great. He told one of his friends the other day that he was playing football, he said that he liked it but it wasn't great! I will keep you posted on pictures and how the season is going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Isaac you look like a pro!!!
Hang in there!!

We love you, Maw and Paw

Nancy said...

I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know the "football rules" ~ I guess I was trying to be more social at the football games than watching them! :) Way to go, Isaac! You look so neat in your uniform! Have fun!!