A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 16, 2010

They call me "Mama"


There is no other word that would be more precious to a woman who has been blessed with children..."Mama". Today has been a very trying day for me and the kids, even lost it with them a time or two today. I had just gotten through disciplining middle brother and then he goes to tell me something and says "mama ....." and it just hit me, he calls me "mama". It is like the title "Queen", just something special about being called "mama". I don't deserve to be called "mama". I have asked myself many times doesn't God see after 4 kids that I am not the best "mama" in the world. Why would He choose me to be a "mama" again? Yes, I fail often in being the mother that God wants me to be. When I fail I look around and see these little faces looking at me and they say "Mama....". That is the point that God reminds me that I can't do it, I am weak, very weak! He reminds me that I need Him and without Him I will always fail, He is strong, very strong!! I want my kids to see Jesus in their mother and sometimes that means them seeing me fail and trusting in God, admitting my failure and turning to the Lord. Maybe that is what being "real" means, not perfect. My heart tightens up when I have lost it with my children and then several minutes later I see them just as they are. They aren't perfect and neither is their mother. Don't get me wrong I believe that children must be disciplined and we need to train them in righteousness and sometimes, most of the time, that means correction. I love being called "Mama" and I want to be a godly, God fearing "mama". Those days, today, that I don't do well at being "mama", I want those to be molding days. Days that God takes this clay pot and molds it into the "mama" he wants me to be. He is still working on me and for that I am so grateful. I am so thankful and humbled to be a mother and couldn't be any more honored than I am to be the mother of those 4 precious blessings and 1 on the way!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This post made me cry! I know what you mean, friend!