A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Sewing Project!



I have been wanting and needing some Blue Jean carpi's, did I mention maternity. So I thought that maybe I should splurge and buy some. Oh my, do you know how much maternity clothes cost? I ventured to the maternity store only to find out that the cost of maternity carpi's or shorts was $35. OUCH!!! Needless to say I left that store and said that I could just do without! Then it came to me that I could make my own! I went to the consignment sale that was going on here and purchased a pair of nice maternity blue jeans for $3 (that is more in my price range). I came home and put into practice the sewing know how that my mother-in-law and my mother have given me. I got out the scissors and cut those blue jeans off, got out the sewing machine and began sewing. Well, above I have posted pictures of the results. I thought for my first time they turned out pretty good (and even). What do you think?

Pregnancy note: I went to the Dr. last Thursday and we go to hear the heartbeat. It was so awesome! Everything is going very well. I will be 17 weeks on Wednesday and my belly is growing by the week!! LOL! I will go back the end of August for the big sonogram. Of coarse we will all go so that everyone can see the new family member. We will not be finding out the sex of the baby, so that will be a surprise. I will keep you posted! Thanks for stopping by our blog and keeping up with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did good!!! Mother

Nancy said...

Way to go, Friend!! I love a good bargain & you made them so cute!

The McKinneys said...

Good job!

Will you send me your mailing address? You can e-mail it to kmckinneyal@hotmail.com

Thanks!