A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brothers, Balance and Blessings! Part 1



Brothers: Do you know what it is like to have a house full of boys? Of coarse my house is not all boys but with 3 boys it is a house full of them. I don't know what brothers are like because I was an only child. Some days I could pinch all three of them. Big brother is always wanting to win, be first, and doesn't quite understand how to not make the others holler. I have to remind him that they are watching him and that they are his disciples. Sometimes he acts 3 instead of 9 (he will be 9 this month). Then he is the brother who made my bed (did a GREAT job) this morning, helped me pick blueberries, likes to come and snuggle with me & still wants to rub noses with his mommy (sometimes). There is Middle brother who doesn't mind hollering as loud as he can when something doesn't go his way & likes to tell me "NO". He is the brother that is not afraid of anything and is always doing something (sometimes it is something he is not suppose to be doing, like trying to pull up the carpet). This is my most stubborn child (surely he couldn't not be out done) and doesn't like for anyone to tell him what to do (he is quick to say "You are not my boss"). Then he is the brother who loves for me or his daddy to read to him, lights up when I go to get him from his class at church, gives the best hugs (squeezes), has even made my bed by himself a time or two (doesn't look as good as when big brother does it, but it is the love that went in to it) and today when he got up from his nap came running to sit with me and love on me!! Middle brother also loves to give hugs and kisses to little brother (even if little brother doesn't want them). Now there is little brother who thinks he is as big as the other two. This boy can scream like none of the other kids, he is the one that has wanted me to hold him most of today, the one that I thought would never sleep through the night and he is the one that loves to get into things he is not suppose to be in (playing with cell phones or the computer). Little brother is also the one who can mess up any game that the big kids are playing and it drives them crazy. Then this is the boy who loves to give loving (and some of the best) when he gets up in the morning or from a nap. He is the one who can give you a smile that will melt your heart, can throw things away (not always things that are suppose to be thrown away) for you, enjoys helping pick things up (he thinks it is a game) and this is the boy who we can take anywhere and he loves it. These boys are a great joy to me and also what God is using to bring balance to me. (Part 2 (Balance) coming soon!)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So much fun having boys!! Sometimes I have to tell Logan to pick his battles when he & Kenlee are arguing something out...then remind him he is 10 & she is 3 :) Thank God for special siblings, though!!
Will you find out what this baby is going to be or be surprised?!

Cantina Camp said...

We have never found out what the babies are, so we will not find out this one either. It is so much fun! We have been right at guessing on them all except for Timothy. He threw us for a loop. We just knew that he would be a girl, but surprise, we have a wonderful little boy and would not change it for the world!