A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A surprise visit

Sarah with her grandparents

Elijah and Gigi


Isaac loves being with my parents! (Sorry mom that you blinked in the pic) :)


I love this picture of Gigi and Timothy


And this is what Gigi saw out our window on Friday morning (do you see what we saw?)


Sarah has been palying T-ball, but one thing that is not good about living far away from family is that grandparents don't get to come to all the games. BUT...my parents and Bryan's mom surprised her with a visit to see her play ball! I wish I could have captured the look on Sarah's face when she saw them walk in our house. She was sooooo surprised and excited! They did get to see her play and then spent the night and hung out with us until after lunch the next day.

As we were sitting and talking on Friday morning, Gigi realized that there was a snake on the tree outside our front window! Praise the Lord, Bryan had not left for VBS yet and my wonderful hubby took care of that snake for us (me). :)

We had so much fun spending time with Paw, Maw and Gigi. It was so nice that they were able to come and visit and get to see Sarah play ball. It is not great living far away from family, but I am so thankful we don't live so far that they can't come for a short visit!!

Thank you Paw, Maw and Gigi for coming and being with us. We loved every minute of it and so glad we got to make some memories. We love you all so very much. We are blessed by each of you!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Did you see Sarah's picture in the paper this week? Looks like she is a pro :)

Nancy said...

Yuck to the snake!! But! Yea to the grandparents visiting!!

Cantina Camp said...

Karen,
No I didn't see Sarah's picture, but need to get my hands on that. She would love to see it and so would I!

Anonymous said...

I remember the sake yuck!!! You are sweet!!!!!




Love,Isaac Chandler Camp

Karen said...

I looked on the Times Gazette website, Sarah's picture was in the paper on the 21st. She was tagging out a runner. Hope you found it :)

Cantina Camp said...

Actually someone from church brought us that article (picture). I was so thankful. BTW...Karen, I met your sister yesterday. She really blessed me through her song she shared at church.

Karen said...

That's great! I didn't know Jennifer came in this weekend. My family actually went out of town so I wouldn't have been able to see them anyway. I miss them so much. Glad you got to meet her :)