A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Elijah turns 4 (Part 2)

June 2008 (1 year old)


At his first Birthday party!




March 2011


I wanted to share some other things about this 4 year old! Elijah is my boy that never wears out. When his feet hit the floor in the morning (which is usually 6:00) he is wide open and doesn't stop til nap and then he crashes but gets up ready to go again and then crashes one final time at bedtime. He talks all the time at home but hardly says a word when we are out and someone speaks to him. We have seen him come so far and grow up in many ways. Elijah will say whatever he is thinking and is real confident in what he says. I could tell you stories forever about things he has said that are just hilarious!! He LOVES Joanna and thinks she is the greatest! Just tonight on our way to church he was leaning over touching her and I asked him to stop and he said "Why?" I then replied with "Why do you have to touch her all the time?". Elijah real sweetly said "Because I love her so much Mommy". When I was pregnant with Joanna I would I ask the kids what they thought the baby would be, well one night I asked Elijah that and he said "Mommy, why do you ask me that all the time?". I just have to smile! He is also my stubborn child, he shall not be moved! Bryan asked him the other day if he wanted to play baseball or football one day like Isaac and he said "No, I just want to work". He loves tools and I have caught him in the garage with some scrap boards and he has informed me that he is building Sarah a tree house. I am so thankful for him and so excited to see all that the Lord is going to do in his life!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

He's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Elijah is 4!! All of my grandchildren seem to be growing up too fast!!
Elijah, me and paw enjoyed sharing your birthday and getting to see you eat and enjoy your special birthday cake. We love you!

Kay said...

How sweet! I remember him loving to "work" with his Daddy. He is so handsome, Cantina!