A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

15 Years!





Last week was our 15th wedding anniversary! 15 years has flown by so fast! A lot has happened in those 15 years also, 5 children, 4 ministries, moved 7 different times, death of grandparents and so much more. There has been happy times and sad times but there is NO one else I would rather go through these things with than Bryan. He loves me unconditionally and is a man who LOVES and FOLLOWS God!



Bryan had planned us a special get away last week but God had different plans. We were suppose to leave Thursday afternoon and come home on Saturday. At the beginning of last week we got news that one of Bryan's best friends from high school passed away and his wife had asked Bryan to do the funeral. Visitation at the funeral home was Thursday night and the funeral was Friday so that changed our anniversary plans. We know that God wanted us in Clay County to be with Jason's wife and his family and friends. So we headed to Clay County on Thursday and stayed with Bryan's parents that night. While Bryan was at the funeral on Friday the kids and I got to enjoy the pool! It was so nice and the kids and I had so much fun being together. Since Pop (Bryan's dad) has retired he was there to help me out and he was a huge help. He took pictures for me while the kids and I swam and then he held Joanna while I played with the kids in the pool.


Sarah was a fish! She had the best time playing in the pool. She was the one that swam the longest. Sarah also was the one who got a sunburn. :( I loved watching her enjoy her time in the pool. As always she was really good about playing with the little boys.




Elijah and Timothy had to have a ride on Pop's "tractor". This was the highlight of their time at Pop and Gigi's. They enjoyed the pool too but this was their favorite. Those two boys would ride a tractor every day and all day long if they could.



Timothy fell asleep before the ride was over. It did not take him long to perk up and get ready to swim. He enjoyed the pool also, probably the one who enjoyed it second most!




I got Joanna in for a little while. She liked it more than I thought she would. I didn't know how she would do, but I think she would have let me hold her in the pool all day if I would have. She could not do the float very well since she isn't sitting up on her own yet.




Isaac had some ball games so he stayed here in Tennessee with his baseball coach. Their family is some good friends of ours and they have 2 boys right about Isaac's age so they had a blast. Isaac stayed with them for 2 nights and then he was invited to a birthday party on Saturday night so he stayed with that friend on Saturday night. This family goes to our church so Isaac just went to church with them and then we picked him up at their house on Sunday afternoon. Wow! That boy has never stayed that many nights away from us, we thought he would get home sick but he didn't!! Isaac had the best time being with other boys and spending time with his friends!!






So Bryan and I ended up staying in Anniston on Friday night and Saturday night. That was our anniversary get away. My parents kept 3 kiddos and we took Joanna with us. We had such a relaxing time and enjoyed being able to finish a conversation that we started! :) LOL!! We went to eat at the Olive Garden, China Luck (two of my favorites) and then Chick fil A. On Sunday we went and picked up some lunch and took it to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's birthday! It was so nice to be able to spend some time with my Dad for his birthday!



My Dad does so much for us and is always there for us. I wanted to make his birthday special. Wish I could have done more! The kids enjoyed taking turns blowing out the candles. So thankful that my mom and dad kept the kids for Bryan and I to have time together. It was a great weekend with my hubby. I look forward to MANY more years with him!! I love you Bryan!

4 comments:

The McKinneys said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!

Wendy said...

So glad you had a good anniversary and weekend! I love the picture of you and Bryan! I know your Dad was so excitetd to spend his birthday with you and his grandchildren!

Wendy said...

I posted a comment!! Yeah!! It's finally working!

Christina Bunn said...

Happy Anniversary! Miss you girl!