A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Day!

Future Astronauts!

Timothy Loved this little slide!

Elijah coming off his first space shuttle ride!

Candice and I with our beautiful pregnant bellies!

This Gigi loves her grandkids!!!

Last week we headed to Alabama to spend Thanksgiving with Bryan's family. Yes, we got to see my parents but we actually spent Thanksgiving Day with Bryan's family. On the way down we stopped by the Space Center and let the kids play. This helped break up the trip and the kids enjoyed it. Bryan's mother's family comes over and there is a house full!! We always enjoy getting to see everyone and eat such delicious food. This year was a different because Bryan's older brother was in the hospital and him and his wife were not there. We were thankful that we did get to see our niece and nephew and that Isaac and Sarah got to spend time with them. I always try to be good at taking pictures but it gets harder because I either forget or I am having to keep up with the little ones. I did get a few pics and I have posted some of them. We are so thankful that Bryan's parents let us stay with them and they are so good to us. Thank you Pop and Gigi for opening up your home for us and for going above and beyond to make us feel at home.

I have posted a pic of my sister-n-law and me with our pregnant bellies! She is about 21 weeks and they are having a boy. They have one boy named Jameson, so this will make boy #2 for them. We are excited about this new baby for them.

On Thursday night I also got to visit with a very dear friend of mine, Wendy. She was headed home after visiting family and stopped by Bryan's parents house so we could see each other. Wendy is one of those friends that will go the extra mile. Wendy and I actually met almost 13 years ago.....can't believe it has actually been that long. She was a Senior in high school and was attending with her boyfriend the church Bryan's was pastoring. I was there when the Lord changed Wendy's heart, when she married that boyfriend (Ben), when she went off to college (and we kept in touch) and then I have gotten to see her become a mother and blossom into a wonderful wife and mother of 3!! Bottom line....I am so thankful to have a friend like Wendy and so glad that we still keep in touch and enjoy seeing each other. I love you Wendy!!
We did have a great Thanksgiving but we are so very thankful to be back home and in our own bed's and back to our daily routine.

No comments: