A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A love for Reading!




When we began to homeschool one of my biggest worries was would the kids learn to read, would they be on the right grade level they needed to be on. Well, God is so good, Isaac and Sarah have come far beyond anything I could have ever asked. They both LOVE to read. Sarah will say that she would rather read than do any other school thing. She is reading books that are for ages 8-12 and does really well. Isaac always ask if he can go and read. He is reading books (The old Hardy Boys; copyright 1977) with 20 Chapters and barely any pictures. Those two love to go to the Goodwill and look at books (we usually always find some good ones). It makes my heart soar to know they love to read. Maybe one day for our school we can have a read-a-thon. Then the two little boys love books! They are always wanting someone to read to them. I know that if I had the time I could read to them all day! All I have to say is "Reading Time" and Elijah and Timothy run to the bookcase and pick out a book or two. When I hear Isaac and Sarah reading out loud I can go and look and they are reading to Elijah and Timothy, that is so great to me. One of the greatest things about the kids reading is they can read the Bible for themselves, not just listen to what we read but Isaac and Sarah can participate. Today Isaac and Sarah had their first book reports due and they did a very good job. Isaac's was on George Washington and Sarah did hers on Charlotte's Web. I am so thankful that God has placed in their hearts this love for reading and I am thankful that He has equipped me and given me this opportunity to homeschool my children! Yes!, they will make it in life!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are so sweet!! They all look like angels just sitting there reading or listening. Must take after their Paw!!!

Cute Post!

Nancy said...

I love to read but I usually put myself to sleep doing it! You have smart kids, Cantina!
And that couch looks so comfy!