A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whatsoever things are true...think on these things.

I wanted to share a little more about what God has been dealing with me about. I shared in a recent post that He revealed to me that my thoughts needed to be true, well here is the next part. In Philippians 4:8 God's Word tells us to think on what is true. What is true? Things that are truth and real! To get our thinking on the right track we have to know what God commands of us and He says here to THINK on what is true!! The most wonderful truth we have is God's Word!! Everything in the Word of God is True! If that is the case and it is then we need to focus on His Word! Memorize it, meditate on it and obey it! Sounds simple, right? No, it takes a heart that is desiring to grow in a deeper walk with Him. Jesus never promised that seeking Him would be a easy road, "Take up your cross and follow Me" is what He said. But oh the freedom that it brings when we do memorize God's Word, meditate on His Word and obey His Word. When we begin to think on what is True we will experience the freedom that comes with it.

What is real? Not fantasies or fairy tales or "what if's". What is the here and now. Release those negative emotions, damaging thoughts and destructive attitudes to God and allow Him to help you know what is real and true. From my personal experience it is a moment by moment surrender that has to take place so that I hold my thoughts up to God's standards and declare His promises. His promises are True and Real!!

May you begin today to ask yourself "What is True?" or "What is Real?" and start to have the freedom that only God can bring. Remember to: Memorize, Meditate and Obey!

No comments: