A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, November 15, 2010

Champions!

That is Isaac, #4.





Isn't he a very handsome and sweaty football player!



Just when we thought it was over, football that is,....they have one more game. This past Saturday Isaac's team, Shelbyville Eagles, won their Championship game! We were so proud of him and the team. We actually did think that that would be the last game but because they won they will now play this Saturday in a Bowl game. Isaac has improved so much! He has learned alot and has gotten better with each game. He even got to play the whole game this past Saturday, he played offense and defense. He made a few tackles this Saturday also. By the way, he has a couple of boys on his 7 & 8 year old team that are bigger than me. They weigh about 150 and are about 5'5. I fact the Nashville News had a segment where some moms on another team were saying that there should be a weight limit for the age groups. The segment was about Isaac's team playing this mom's son's team, so there was a few pics of Isaac standing next to his team mates that are twice Isaac's size. He loves football, so I am thinking that he will want to play again next year. Things may be different though, he could be playing for another team and they may not make it to the championships. Whatever happens I am glad he has had this experience and that he has learned more about the game of football.



Can you see the fun in Elijah's face?





Isn't that a beautiful butterfly? Sarah makes it even more beautiful!!


I am so thankful for my parents coming and helping me with the 3 children who were not playing football. I couldn't have done it without them!!


By the end of lunch Elijah was one tired boy!!


Since this was the Championship game my parents wanted to come and watch. So we all loaded up and headed to Brentwood for the Championship game!! After the first half of the game we took Sarah and Elijah to the "Fun" area, which happened to be right behind the field Isaac was playing on. Sarah and Elijah had alot of fun on the bouncy slide and other things. Sarah wanted to have her face painted so I think her and my mother stood in line for almost an hour to get her face painted. Then after the game and awards we grabbed us a bite at the concession stand before heading home for much needed rest!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post on your blog!! I checked the blog before I went to bed and made Daddy get up and look at it. He loved all the pictures and especially the one of him and Elijah.
It just makes me tired all over again to look at these pictures!!! But all of the kids had a great time!!

Love and Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are loved by your oldest son. Thank you for blogging about me you are sweet. I can look on here all the time and remember that time.


Love,your oldest son Isaac Chandler Camp

Nancy said...

Isaac is a sweet boy for commenting! I can't believe you only have 63 days to go! How exciting!
Thank the Lord for Grandparents!!