A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 2, 2012

Read Week (Day 3)

Sorry for the delay! Things get pretty busy around here and with the beautiful weather I just haven't had time to post day 3.

Day 3 of our Read Across America Week theme was "Christian". Most of the books we read (not all) were about Jesus, God or Christian. I chose this theme on Wednesday because it is our mid-week service at church. There are a few small books of the Bible that I felt the bigger kids could read during the day and then 2 of them we read together. Those included Jude, 2 John, Obadiah, and Haggai. Something I discovered as I read Haggai is that sometimes we worry so much about things of this world and we neglect our relationship with the Lord. Such a good "little" book, I encourage you to read it. We also read Ruth: Woman of Courage, My Bible Colors, Poky Little Puppy and The Fire Cat. We have had such a great time with our reading together.

Looking forward to sharing with you guys about our last two days of Read Week!!

No comments: