A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 16, 2012

A little bit of Joanna

It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Psalm 127:2
On Tuesday Bryan had to run to get a few things for the church and so he decided to take the little boys with him. That left Isaac, Sarah, Joanna and myself here. Isaac and Sarah were busy doing their school and Joanna had gone to the boys room to play. I told myself that I needed to get a few things done while I could. I would do a little bit and then go and check on everybody. When I went to check on Joanna I realized she had been mighty quiet so I figured she was into something she wasn't suppose to be. HA!! When I got to the boys room I found her in Timothy's bed fast asleep. It was the sweetest sight! She loves being able to climb in his bed, she thinks she is big. There she was sound asleep and she had a very good nap! She slept about two hours there in his bed. The picture below is of her asleep in Timothy's bed. Isn't she so sweet! Then last night I made cookies for dessert. Let me inform you that we are BIG sweet eaters around here. We believe that you should have a dessert after lunch and supper. :) Elijah even ask us after breakfast if he can have a dessert! LOL!! I am trying supper hard to be better about desserts. Honestly if they are not here it is much easier to cut back. My goal is if we have a dessert that it will be after lunch OR supper.....not both! I gave Joanna a cookie and she cracked me up. Check out her little facioal expressions! She is a hoot!! Makes us laugh all the time, but then all the kids make us laugh!! Speaking of "If there are no sweets in the house that it is much easier to cut back", my parents came for a visit last week and what do they bring? You guessed it, SWEETS, SWEEETS and more SWEETS! Argh!! So if I get fat I am blaming my dad!!! :) They brought a bag of peanut M&M's, chocolate covered doughnuts (a dozen) and some apple fritters from the Apple Barn (all are my favorites). Either they will have to stop bringing sweets or I need A LOT more will power to resist the sweets!! :) Here are some pictures of Joanna eating her cookie. I could eat HER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanna needs a big girl bed now and I think she would sleep great. Try putting her toddler bed in Sarah's room for nap time.
Anyway, she is sweet napping, eating a cookie, or loving on her Maw. I could not imagine our world without either one of our sweet, adorable grandkids!! Thanks for blogging about Joanna and the nap she took in Timothy's bed. So Sweet!!


Love and Hugs,
Mom