A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Read Week (Day 5)

The theme for Day 5 was "Dr. Seuss Day" since it was his birthday. The kids and I read 6 Dr. Seuss books which included: The Foot Book, Green Eggs and Ham, In a People House, Inside Outside Upside Down, Horton Hatches an Egg, and Hop on Pop. They watched two Dr. Seuss beginner book videos that read books to them: Cat in the Hat, Are You My Mother?, Go, Dog, Go, and The Best Nest. Then to top off our "Dr. Seuss" day we had green eggs and ham (a.k.a balogna) with green biscuits for supper. It was too funny to see Elijah's face when I announced that we were having green eggs and ham for supper. He quickly let me know that I didn't know how to make that, boy was he surprised when he came to the table for supper.
Here is a picture of our supper. What a FUN week! Next week we will start an Easter Unit Study that will last for 4 weeks. I am super excited about this and look forward to the kids and I learning about and celebrating Easter! I will try and blog at the end of each week what we have learned and studied that week. So hard to believe that Easter is right around the corner! This year Timothy's birthday falls on Easter!! Fun, Fun and more Fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that you go beyond for your kids. The green eggs and ham are a hoot and we would loved to have been there to see Elijah's face at that sight. I pray that all of your kids remember your efforts to make memories and fun at your house. You rock as a mom!!

Love and Hugs,
Mom