A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A stop at the Goodwill and then to a baby shower

Isaac, Sarah and I LOVE the Goodwill!! I had never been to a Goodwill that I remember until we moved here. I know I have mentioned in earlier post that my kids (especially my two oldest) love to read, we have discovered the best place to buy books is the Goodwill!! There is one also in Franklin and one in Lewisburg and we have been to those too. We have bought all kind of books and at great prices. Most of the time the books we buy are in very good condition and priced for about $1-$2!! We went this past Saturday and got 7 American Girl Books @ $.99 and 1 @ $1.49, 3 Chip Hilton books @ $.99, The Secret Garden, Ralph S. Mouse and If you give a pig a pancake all for $.99 each!! I thought that was so amazing and we were so excited!!! :) So I wanted to share my bargins with you. Do you have any bargins that you could share?


Three ladies in my Sunday School class (I have recently started serving in the nursery so I am no longer in that Sunday School class) are having a baby soon and we had them a baby shower. There are 4 more that are due in late May and this summer! This is a picture of the ladies who got to attend the shower and we all enjoyed getting together. I love this group of ladies and will miss them during Sunday School, but!!!!!!!! I will be in the nursery when their babies arrive and I will so enjoy loving on those babies, Joanna and I are going to spoil them!! This group of ladies love the Lord and it is very evident, I look forward to getting to know them and their families more in the years to come!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like a great group of ladies to be surrounded with!
Yay on the bargains! I am a bargain girl myself! There is supposed to be a great Hannah Homes Thrift store in the city I live, but I've never been. I need to go! There is a new book consignment store in Vestavia, too, I have heard!
I'm a bargain Ebayer! Almost all of my two got their school clothes from Ebay this year @ GREAT prices!!

Nancy said...

That didn't make sense, it was supposed to be, "my two got almost all of their school clothes from Ebay" - HA! It's too early in the morning!!