A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Elijah eating his green jello in his green shirt.

Ms. Green! She really got into the green thing!

Timothy did not have on green but he did have a green cup and green bowl. Yes, that is him behind that green bowl.

And the first one done eating his green jello!!!

Joanna had on her green pants!!

Isaac's shamrock.

Sarah's shamrock.

The kids and I "celebrated" St. Patrick's Day yesterday. Usually I would not have even acknowledged St. Patrick's Day because I have always thought of it as lepricon, pot of gold, luky 4 leaf clover kind of day. After we had researched Dr. Seuess I figured the kids and I could find out more about St. Patrick. I was so amazed at what we found. I never knew anything about St. Patrick and I am so thankful for what I do know now. Thought I would share some of our findings with you...
1) At age 16 he was captured and in slavery for about 4 years and then escaped and returned to his family
2) Sometime after he returned to his family he became a Christian
3) was a missionary in Ireland
4) used the shamrock to teach people the Trinity (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit)
5) Started churches and led many people to the Lord
I encourage you to get out those encyclopedia's or look online and see what you can find out about him. It was real interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the green theme and the way you acknowledged St. Patrick's Day with the kids.
You are so creatative!! I have a question? What is a paint stirrer doing laying on the kitchen table? Were you and the kids stirring green paint? (Smile :>)
Love and Hugs to all the Camps,
Mom