A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Joanna's first trip to Alabama! (Part 1)

Joanna riding in her car seat! She did really well!

Elijah taking a nap on the way down.

Nanny (my dad's mom) holding Joanna.

My grandmother (my mother's mom) holding Joanna.

Bryan's grandmother (his mother's mom) holding Joanna

Mrs. Martha Gilmer with Joanna

We headed to Alabama this past week and got to visit with and see some very special people. Mine and Bryan's grandmother's have never seen Joanna so we really wanted to give them a chance to visit with her. The trip down was really good. My parents had actually come to our house on Monday and so the kids and I loaded up and went home with them on Tuesday. We were not gone 30 minutes and Elijah got car sick!! Yuck! We pulled over and took care of him and we were on the road again. Elijah and Timothy both took small naps on the way down. We were all in our van and boy was it cramped! Not a problem any more, Praise the Lord, we now have a bigger van!! We stopped on the way and had a sandwich for lunch. Then we arrived at my parents house and got to visit with my Nanny! She just lives behind my parents so we got to see her a good bit. Then we went to visit a dear lady that went to church with us at West Park Heights. Mrs. Martha was so sweet to our family when we were at WPH and has continue to send cards and keep in touch. The kids and I were so glad to be able to go and see her. That night my grandmother and Aunt came over and had supper with us. It was so nice to get to see them and visit for a while. The next morning Bryan arrived and we took off to look at and we ended up purchasing a van for our family. On Wednesday night we went out to eat with my parents and then went to visit with Bryan's older brother and his family. They have a son who is a couple of months older than Isaac, so it was good for them to see each other. I forgot my camera, so I am sad to say I don't have pictures of that visit. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew!!! I read both new post and I am tired now. Daddy and I love having you and Bryan and the kids here any time!!

Love and Hugs,
Mom