A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Joanna's first trip to Alabama! (The End)

If there is a flower to be picked, Sarah will make sure it is picked and that someone special gets a flower!

Mister tractor man is working hard!!

Craig and Athena with Joanna.

Isaac loves my dad but the next person he feels most comfortable around is his Gigi!! She is so good to stop and listen to whatever Isaac has to say.

These two are crusing in the Jeep.

Let the game begin....

Isaac is really into this. :)


Friday afternoon we went and got to visit with Bryan's cousin and her children. It was so good to see them because I can't remember the last time we saw them. Then when we arrived back at Pop and Gigi's Bryan's younger brother, Craig, came by for a visit. It was good to visit with him and Athena. That night Bryan's mother once again cooked a very delicious meal, Sarah's favorite, fried chicken. We got to enjoy some time with Bryan's mom and dad after supper. On Saturday morning we began to get ready to head back home. Rusty and Jameson came over again and there was alot of FUN outside. The weather was so beautiful!! Jameson, Elijah and Timothy was so glad to play outside. Bryan, Rusty, Isaac and Pop played a game of Corn Hole. Bryan made corn hole games for his dad and brothers for Christmas and they had so much fun playing that game. Gigi and I were taking pictures and watching the little ones. Sarah loved picking the flowers and just enjoying God's creation! Bryan's parents are so good to us, they have enough room for our (big) family and Gigi always cooks the best meals!! Gigi always spoils my kids, all Sarah had to do was ask for cinnamin rolls and guess what.....Gigi and Sarah made homemade cinnamin rolls for us to enjoy on Saturday morning! My kids love their Pop and Gigi and are excited to get to see them. Thank you Pop and Gigi for going the extra mile for our family, we love you both!!
We all had such a great time and enjoyed all of our visits, but we were so ready to get back home. I never thought I would miss our home in Tennessee but I do. For us this is home now. This may be where our children start their families and for the little ones this will be the only home they know. I am good with this because we so love it here. God confirms often that this is exactly where He wants us and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than in the middle of God's will!! HE is GOOD!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Precious post! I love the pic's!
Bryan & his brother look just alike to me!
Looks like the kids had a wonderful time & I think it's wonderful that Sarah loves to cook with her Gigi!

Corn Hole is so much fun!!

Christina Bunn said...

So glad to see you are doing so well. Your children are so beautiful. I pray for you daily, and hope to see you soon. God bless you and your family. Love you :)

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun visit to Alabama, and I'm even happier to hear how God is blessing you in Tennessee. I'm glad it is now home to you. I had to add myself as a follower to your blog again since I started a new account. I wanted your postings to show up on my new account. Now I'm a follower twice on your blog and don't know how ot remove the old acount . . . sorry about that. Love you so much!!