A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's a school day!

Timothy loved playing with clay. I had to keep reminding him to NOT put it in his mouth!! He said he made a dog. :)


This is Elijah's blueberries! He loves blueberries, and would like blueberry everything!!


Sarah will be on the cooking channel one day. This is her cake she made! She loves to be creative!

This is Isaac's creation. Not quite sure what it is, but he had fun! This is my child that struggles to use his imagination, so I am just glad he used it.


I made a tree. Not too bad for an old woman! LOL!!
After coming home with Joanna and being sick for a week, we have been trying to adjust to normal life. With Bryan back at work and two homeschooling, a new baby and 2 that our all BOY, I have been trying to put together a routine that works for us. This past week has actually been good. Monday was a challenge but the rest of the week has been really good (Bryan & some friends have been praying). The two that are homeschooling have been finishing their work really quick which allows them to help me with the two younger boys and for us all to be able to do some things together. One day this week we got out our modeling clay and used our imaginations. The kids had a blast and it was fun for mommy too. This is one of those things I love about homeschooling my kids, we can have fun together!! So I thought I would share a picture of the things the kids made with their clay. I think this is something we will do on a regular basis. Who knows what next week will be like, but I am praying that God will give wisdom to know what to do each day. With God I will take one day at a time. I am so thankful for this life that He has given me!!






Elijah has been learning his letters. I have tried to make it fun and come up with some creative ideas on writing our letters. One day this week I decided that I would put some chocolate syrup on a plate and let him write his letters on the plate. He did really well on the letters we have been learning. As you can see in the picture he wrote an "A". Then was the best part, I let him lick the chocolate off the plate. He loved it! I think he is so cute, with or without chocolate on his face. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It is so great to see that the kids all had a great time playing with the clay together and had you playing too!! Each child's work of art is so individual as each of them are. AND the chocolate letters are so original and creative on both your and Elijah's part. I know that this is MY grandson because he loves chocolate soooooooo much!! (and blueberries) You know they are both actually good for you!! You are right; he is so cute with or without chocolate on his face. We love you all so much and miss you each and every day! BUT as we talked about last night, Daddy and I know that you and Bryan are right where the LORD wants you to be at this season in your life. I pray He confirms this to you both everyday. I pray also that the LORD will keep you where you are for a long time. We love you all so much.

Love and Hugs,
Mother