A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 18, 2011

Big Brother

Isaac has loved football for awhile and enjoys playing it. Sometimes his favorite part is winning!!

This is a picture of Isaac talking to my Dad on the phone. If those two ever get started I have to call "Times Up" so Isaac will get off. Him and my dad have a special relationship.


I haven't posted about Isaac in a long time and I wondered if some of you have thought that I have lost him or something. LOL!! Isaac is a very special boy. Not just because he is the oldest. He is just special in many ways. We never had to get on to him as much as we have Elijah and probably Timothy. He has always been the child that never was or has been mischievous. He has never liked to get his hands dirty or make a mess. Has always been quiet and a good boy. No, he is not perfect...he can aggravate the other kids so much that it causes chaos and he likes to be boss to Elijah and that is NOT going to happen. He has his moments but he is a good child and I am so proud of him. He is very smart, probably too smart at some things. He loves math and does really well at catching on to learning new things in math. He likes to read, maybe not as much as Sarah, but he reads just about as much as she does. There are times that Isaac's heart is just overflowing with love. An example would be this past Sunday night he bought Sarah a CD of her favorite sermon by our pastor to give to her on Valentine's Day. Then he also got out his money and gave all of us a dollar for Valentine's Day, I know a dollar is not much but to him it was alot. I could go on all day about Isaac but I think you get the picture.

1 comment:

Wendy Harris said...

I have really enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning!! I love reading about your sweet family, and learning more about the kids. I just can't believe how big Isaac is!! It seems like yesterday that he was born, and now you have five precious children! What blessings they are!! I love you all!