A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2 post in 1

I don't really know which one to share first. I believe I will begin with Elijah writing his name. Last week I gave him and Timothy a place mat that they could draw on. I was watching them but paying closer attention to Timothy as I did not want him writing on anything BUT the place mat. When I looked back at what Elijah was doing this is what I saw. I was amazed! We have been working on writing our name but did not realize that we were this far. I think he did a very fine job. This boy is wanting to learn everything he can soak up and writing his name happens to be one. Great Job, Elijah!!


The next thing I would like to share is about our company this past weekend. My parents came up and spent the weekend. We enjoyed their visit very much and the kids are always so excited to see them! At this visit my parents watched the kiddos while Bryan and I had a "date" (Joanna went with us). That was so nice, Thanks mom and dad! While we were gone my mother took Elijah and Sarah to the Cracker Barrell. Isaac is not fond of eating there so my dad stayed with him and Timothy. As I have said Elijah loves everything blueberry and he has been talking about blueberry pancakes, so my mother just had to take him to get blueberry pancakes. Well you may have guessed it, they did not just eat breakfast....they also shopped and come back bearing gifts. You are right, my parents know just how to spoil my kids and they do a very good job of it!! :) Elijah and Sarah enjoyed their time with my mom and Isaac and Timothy loved having Paw all to theirself. Sunday was also mine and Joanna's first Sunday back at church and it was nice for my mom and dad to be here to help make that happen. Because Bryan has to be at church early on Sunday, Sunday mornings can be a little crazy around here. Someone asked me "How was it getting all 5 kids ready for church" and my reply was that my mom and dad were here so they needed to ask me that again next Sunday morning! LOL!! My parents are always a huge blessing when they come and I am so thankful for them!!

The boys are showing off their matching shirts and stick horses. Thanks Maw for the horses!

Sarah loves these paper doll magnet things. Bryan's mom got her one while they were here when Joanna was born and then my mom got her this one.


My dad was so tickled to get to spoil Joanna. He use to come and watch the boys while I took Sarah to piano when we were in Alabama and when I would come back this is how I would find him and Timothy. Dad got to hold and rock Joanna a good bit while they were here. Thanks dad!



Mom got Isaac this checkers game at the Cracker Barrell.


My sweet mom ironing our church clothes for us. She is great about helping when they are here on Saturday night to get things together for Sunday morning. I pick out their clothes and she irons them for me. Thanks mom!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post!! I am so glad we can come up there and get to help out. We enjoy helping you so much. AND spending time with you, Bryan, and our grandkids is a bonus. We are so
blessed! Thank you LORD for our many blessings we have in the CAMP family!!

PS: We love the new picture of all the kids.
Nanny was here and we showed her and we all laughed at Elijah's expression!! Can't wait to see you all again.

Love and Hugs,
Mom and Dad