A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Keepsake Pillows

Not a day goes by that I don't think about and miss this man! A few days after dad passed away mom and I was in his closet and I had the idea of turning his shirts into pillows. I ended up with enough pillows for each of the children, myself, mom, and Bryan. I also made a few for other family members. 
Here is dad in one of his shirts and then the picture below is the pillow I made out of that shirt. 
At first this was a hard project and I would have to stop and put it to the side for a few days...I got pretty emotional a couple of times. I am so thankful to have this keepsake.
Most of the shirts that I turned into pillows I had a picture of him in that shirt to go with the pillow. 
I enjoyed making these and glad we have them. Mom plans on taking the scraps from the shirts and making a blanket. Just wish I could have one more hug from my dad... He had the best hugs!!

No comments: