A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brothers, everybody needs one!

These boys are CRAZY about their baby sister. I remember when Timothy was born how crazy Elijah was about him and wanted to hold him all the time. I just knew that with these two being so close that they wouldn't want anything to do with a new baby. Boy was I wrong!!! If Joanna is awake they are all over her and talking to her and wanting to hold her. They love her so much and it shows. I really have to watch her when they are around, I can just see one of them bringing her to me or trying to pick her up, this would not be good. I wonder how this will all play out the bigger she gets. I am so thankful that she has big brothers to protect her and watch out for her and I am glad the boys have sisters, so they will know how to treat a girl and how to protect a girl. If you are like me and don't have a brother, you may not know what it is like but I am so thankful that I can see it in my children and that they have each other.


Can't you see that "Proud" look in his eyes? He is always giving her kisses!!


Another proud brother! Elijah thinks he is as big as anybody and he just loves to hold her.


Learning to read with Daddy! These two boys are not only crazy about Joanna but they think their Daddy is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! They love their daddy and Elijah is real quick to tell me that he loves his Daddy more than me...and I believe it!!! Elijah and Timothy also love each other. They are the best of buddies! If you see one you see the other. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, as you can see in the picture below....

They are "cleaning" the wall with toothpaste. This was the 2nd time we had caught Elijah this week "cleaning" the walls. See, he doesn't like his toothpaste and wants me to buy him some more but I told him he had to finish this toothpaste first...well he got rid of it quickly. The first time he was alone in his cleaning business but this time he decided to include his brother. Also, my mother ordered candy bar birth announcements for Joanna and like alot of us my boys love chocolate. The other week these two were very quiet and I found them both under the table having a "chocolate feast", then yesterday I found both of them in the pantry having another "chocolate feast". I thought I had hid the candy bars but I guess I had not hid them well enough. (They are on the top shelf now) Then yesterday Elijah had wrote on the walls. He came to me and informed that Timothy had written on the walls. I asked him to show me where, when he did there was the letters E, O, B and I know that Timothy has not learned his letters yet but Elijah has...so guess who actually wrote on the wall. This is just a glimpse into what my days are like around here. Never a dull moment!!! LOL!! :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Precious post. We've had wall issues lately, too!! They are all so beautiful & you can see how much they love one another!