A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Joanna is 15 months!

I took Joanna for her 15 month check up today. She weighs 23 lbs. and is 31 inches long! We were right, she is growing supper fast! Bryan said yesterday that he believes she has grown the fastest out of all the kids. :) Right now she is cutting 3 of her molars, she is trying to say more words, and she loves to be outside.

When I took her at her 1 year old check up her iron was low so they retested her blood level today. At the 12 month visit they stuck her little finger to do the blood work and I assumed that would be the procedure today. Not so! They took 3 vials of blood out of her arm today! I was NOT prepared for that!! It broke my heart but I knew they needed to do the blood work. :( The Dr. called yesterday after lunch and said her blood is still low so she will be getting vitamin drops 3 times a day. They will test her iron and blood levels again at her 18 month check up. I am really praying that it is just another finger stick next time.

Joanna is such a joy to each of us and we can’t imagine life without her! Her smile, her laugh, and her sweet little babbles are so precious! She is not just walking, she is running! Last night I was watching her play in the yard and when she looked up and saw Timothy coming toward her she just lit up and she had the biggest smile! So thankful for this blessing that God has blessed us with!!

Here are a few pictures of Miss Joanna over the past few months! :)






1 comment:

Dodey said...

I could eat her!!