A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, February 13, 2012

She is a reader!

We ordered Sarah a book for Christmas and it didn't come until Christmas Eve night. It was a Nancy Drew book (an original) that she wanted. We gave it to her that night and two days later she was finished reading it! WOW! I know when I was 8 I could have and would have NEVER read a book that fast! I am so proud of her! We went to the library last Thursday night and she picked out a Nancy Drew book also and again Saturday Night she came to me and said..."I'm done." I probably would be questioning her comprehension but she has taken comprehension test and done really well. She just reads all the time! She has told me that she would rather read all day than do any school. She LOVES it!! I am so glad all my kids love to read or be read to! Sarah started the Little House series today, I think she will enjoy those as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah you are so special to both me and Paw. Mom said you picked out the Valentine's Day Card for us and you did a very good job. We loved it. Thank you all so much for the great card. It meant a lot to know that you all took time to think of us and signed your names and sent us this card. We loved it.

So glad you love to read and the picture with this post is a really good picture of you.

We love you all so much,
Maw and Paw

Dodey said...

Wow! I could use some help with inspiration. Ella LOVES to be read to but doesn't so much like reading on her own. Granted she is learning and she get frustrated when she can't figure out a word. She will read if it is not school related and I'm not listening...and she can tell me what she just read about, but she sure gives me a little grief about school reading. I do hope that as she improves she will love it as well. So proud of Sarah!!

Karen said...

Love the Little House books!