A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Field Trip?

Remember the story of Isaac and the goat, well have I got another story to tell. Isaac was at the table doing his school work and I had went upstairs to check Sarah's school work. I came back down and Isaac was nowhere to be found. This was right around 10 a.m. this morning. I looked in the garage, in the restroom, and I knew he wasn't upstairs. Him being outside didn't cross my mind because it was raining, but that is where I found him! Yes, he was out in the rain down at the cow gate. This boy of mine has realized that there is a baby cow in the pasture behind our house and (come to find out) he was trying to pet it. When I discovered that he was outside I thought surely he will come right back in because he had not done but one subject of school. The more I watched him out the window I realized that he was in his own world and was not aware of anything else. Finally at 11:15 a.m. I called him in for lunch. He was soaked, looked like a wet rat. I am so thankful that God has placed us somewhere that he can explore! I know one day there will be two other little boys right behind big brother. I did let Isaac know that he was not to do this again without first asking me and letting me know. So I guess I will count today as a field trip.....? The beauty of homeschooling! :)
Our back yard. I LOVE that we have this view and not one house on top of another.

Where's Isaac? Can you see him? Look real close!



Standing on the gate

He is sitting on the gate and all the cows have gathered around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac, Isaac, Isaac!! I see so much of your Paw in you. You have such a sweet soul, but you don't always show that side of yourself. I am so glad you have the fields and pasture of your new home in Tennessee to explore, but you must let Mom and Dad know where you are at at all times. They love you and worry about you when they can't find you. And in the rain? So funny!! Did you get to pet the calf? You must go over and meet the land owner/farmer and tell him you want a job! We love you all and can't wait to see you all again.

Love and Hugs,
Maw and Paw

Dodey said...

precious! love that boy!