A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sarah turned 8!!

I am so far behind in my posting! :( I sure don't know why? :)

Sarah had a birthday last Friday and she had a great time! We celebrated for three days this girls birthday. On Thursday night we had a birthday party and her friend from church, Emily, came. She brought Sarah a picture of them together at Kid's Camp, it was real sweet. The girls even got to decorate the picture frame together! Emily's parents hung out with us and we had hotdogs, chips, cake and ice cream!! The girls had a great time together! We are so thankful for Emily and her family! Emily got to spend the night and then on Friday morning we gave Sarah her gift from us, a book and a watch. The girls got to spend some time together and Emily went home after lunch. Then on Saturday the grandparents came and we celebrated with them (that is my next post). I just can not believe my girl is 8! She is growing up so fast!


Sarah and Emily

Sarah had asked that instead of a gift for her that they bring a gift to go in the Toy Store at our church. This store is for families in need at Christmas. This is a picture of Sarah opening the gift to put in the Toy Store.


Sarah showing off the picture that Emily gave her! So sweet! Thank you Emily!


Enjoying Birthday breakfast!


Sarah opening her watch! She has been asking for a watch and I knew this is what I wanted us to get her. She loves it!!


I thought my little artist needed an artist's pallete for a birthday cake! :)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!
And Cantina...I think in all your spare time (HA!) you need to open a cake store! You are SO talented!! That cake is precious.
So glad Sarah had a great weekend!

Christina Bunn said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I love the cake..you are so talented Cantina. :) I think it is awesome that she asked for people to buy toys for kids less fortunate. Such a sweet heart :)

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday to you, Sarah!! I love seeeing that pretty smile on your face!! Cantina, you did a great job on her cake! Also, I just can't imagine why you are behind on blogging . . . wonder what could be keeping you so busy :)