A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Coldwater Creek

On our last day in Alabama we got to spend some time with a lady that is very dear to us. Mrs. Shirley and her husband were members of West Park Heights. He was homebound and Bryan took Isaac with him when he would go visit Mr. Tommy Joe. Isaac built a sweet friendship with Mr. Tommy Joe. As a family we would go and visit them and would have some of the best time with them, just precious! The summer of 2009 Mr. Tommy Joe passed away and we continued to visit with and love on Mrs. Shirley. I called her while we were in Alabama and let her know we wanted to see her and spend some time with her. She suggested Coldwater Creek. We had never been there before so I really didn't know what to expect, I was thinking a crowd of people. We arrived there and there was NO one else there and it was soooo nice! We got to really spend time with Mrs. Shirley and the kids loved playing in the creek. We took a picnic and ate sandwiches for lunch. We so enjoyed this time!! Great Memories!!


Mrs. Shirley and Isaac

I thought Elijah would never get in, but he finally did and liked playing.




Sarah enjoying the scenery.



Mrs. Shirley palying with Elijah and Timothy



Timothy had the most fun! He LOVED it!



Thank you Mrs. Shirley!


Me and Joanna


Mrs. Shirely even remembered Isaac's favorite kind of chips and brought those for us to enjoy with our sandwiches.


My mom and dad joined us for the picnic.

1 comment:

Dodey said...

I remember my Daddy taking us to Coldwater Creek when we were little. Wow, just those pix really bring back a flood of memories. Thanks for sharing! Love yall