A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Celebrating with Grandparents!

One of the best visits is when the grandparents get to come up. Both sets come up for birthdays and we enjoy spending time with them! We celebrated Isaac's birthday with grandparents on August 31.
This young man had some celebrations for his birthday this year. It felt like we celebrated all month! :) In the picture above he is opening a "present" from Timothy. It is so sweet!
Everyone wanted to see what this present was. Pop and Gigi got Isaac a basketball goal to hang over the door. All the kids like shooting hoops before bed. :)
We are so thankful that Bryan's parents were here to help celebrate. They come that morning and then head home around 2. My parents usually come on Friday evening and head home on Sunday morning.
This cake has become Isaac's favorite! It is so easy to make. It is layered ice cream sandwiches and coolwhip with Oreo's and Resse cups on top, with chocolate syrup drizzled on top! So yummy!! I also made taco's for lunch which is his favorite food.
I can see the young man in him, yet he is still my little boy! My prayer is that he will become a godly man and be the godly leader of his family and church one day!

No comments: