A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Baked Pork Chops

Bryan is always so good about going by the grocery store to pick up things we need and if he happens to see a good sale we will pick that up too. He recently found some pork chops on sale and bought 2 packs (which is what our family would need :)). We don't eat pork often so cooking it is not something I am very good at. :)
Isaac was helping with supper the night I was going to fix pork chops. He likes to cook and be my helper. Isaac really likes experimenting. I knew that we wanted them baked and to seal in the juiciness I needed to sear them on both sides. We started off with Isaac rinsing them off and patting them dry. Next we dipped them in buttermilk and seared them in a skillet. Once they were seared we dipped them in bread crumbs and spices. This mixture has no set amounts...I used some bread crumbs I had left and added the seasonings that we like (paprika, onion powder, seasoning salt, etc.).
We dipped both sides in the bread crumb mixture and placed them in a greased (I use palm shortening) casserole dish. With the oven preheated to 350 degrees we covered them with foil, placed them in the oven, and baked them for 45 minutes. While they were baking in the oven Isaac and I made some gravy in the skillet we used to sear the pork chops in. After the 45 minutes was up we got them out and drizzled the gravy over the top, covered them back up and baked for another 20-30 minutes.
I didn't know how this would turn out, especially with the gravy on it...but these were absolutely the best!! I am sure it was due to Isaac and I doing this together. :) We all devoured them and will keep this recipe for future use. The gravy really made these delicious!!

I hope this makes sense and if not please comment and let me know.

No comments: