A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brown Sugar Glaze

When I posted my cinnamon roll recipe here I said that I would post a brown sugar glaze recipe....so here it is!! :)

The last time I made my whole wheat cinnamon rolls I was out of powder sugar when I went to make the glaze. After much thought and research this is what I came up with.
Bryan said he was glad I was out of powder sugar. :) We both agreed that this was supper yummy!!
Brown Sugar Glaze

1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
milk
1/4 cup of chopped nuts

In a sauce pan over medium heat melt butter with brown sugar. Stir continually. Once mixed together add milk (very little) until mixture is right consistency. Once it begins to boil let it boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in nuts. If mixture looks a little too thick add a little more milk until looks good. Drizzle over rolls. Enjoy!! (You also may need to double this recipe if you want more glaze, adjust to your liking.)
**Note: As the icing sets it thickens.**
Just typing this out makes me want one right now!! :)