A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

For Valentin's Day I planned on our family making a visit to the Assisted living home across from our church. The kids and I made Valentine's and cookies to hand out to all the residents. We had so much fun putting these together. Elijah said "I could do this all day"! :)
Here is our dining room table covered with supplies to make our Valentines.
Isaac making a few of them.
Elijah got a little carried away with the stickers. :)
Sarah adding her personal touch!
Here are a few of the final cards we made.
Then we went to work making cookies!
The lady at the Assisted living home said they had 29 residents. If we wanted to give each person 4 cookies that was a total of....
116 cookies! Here are the strawberry cookies we made.
And some chocolate chip cookies we made.
Don't they look so yummy? We did make extras for us to snack on! :)
Then we placed them in bags to hand out.

The kids had lots of fun and it was nice to visit with the residents. We even made a few bags for some special people in our church that we went and visited. I love it that my kids enjoy giving to others and serving others!! That brings joy to this momma!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a great idea, Cantina!! I love it!