A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Friday, March 1, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I found this recipe for homemade Ranch Dressing and it is so good! :) I have used it as a dressing, dip, and the dry mix for some recipes. It is a winner at this house and I will keep using it instead of buying dressing at the store (that has all those ingredients that I don't know what they are). :)

Ranch Dressing
Mix 5 Tablespoons dried minced onions (if it is a little too oniony you can cut back to 3 TBS)
 7 teaspoon parsley flakes
 4 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon garlic powder

 Mix together and store in an air tight container.

For dressing: Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream. (I use buttermilk.) When I first made this I only made 1/2 the recipe so I would know if we liked it before making the whole recipe. :)

 For dip: Mix 2 Tablespoons dry mix with 2 cups sour cream.

 Mix up a few hours before serving, so the flavors all blend nicely.

*This recipe is pretty much word for word from the Heavenly Homemakers website.*

No comments: