A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chewy Granola Bars

During our read week the kids and I made these very yummy chewy granola bars! I wanted to share the recipe.

Chewy Granola Bars

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup oats (I used old fashioned)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut flakes
(you can add any of your own personal add ins (nuts, dried fruits, etc.) your add ins together should total one cup)

Melt peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil together on medium heat. Once oil is melted remove from heat and add in oats and stir. Next stir in chocolate chips and coconut flakes. The chocolate chips will melt which cause it to be the chocolate granola bars. :) Pour into a 9x9 greased casserole dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and serve. I put mine in the freezer for 30 minutes and they were just right. You have to keep them in the fridge or they will melt. :)

You can find the original recipe here.

**UPDATE: 3/16/2013- I made these yesterday and wanted to share my adjustments...1/4 cup of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of coconut flakes, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. They didn't last long around here!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am going to make these!! They look so good. I'm glad you shared with us!