A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Read Across America Week (Day 2 and Day 3)

You can see our first "Read Across America Day" here. Then you can read about our "Read Across America Week" (Day 1) last year here. I told about those yesterday but forgot to give a link to those in case anyone wanted to see what we did before. :)

Our Dr. Seuss book for Day 2 this week was "Hop on Pop". So many rhyming words, so we did a fun craft with a few rhyming words. We made homemade granola bars...yummy!
 These homemade granola bars are supper yummy! I found the recipe here. I will post this recipe soon.
 We took plastic Easter eggs and made these cute rhyming words eggs. I found this idea on Pinterest.
 I have been letting the big kids take turns reading through out the day and it has been a great time for all of them!

On Day 3 we had a birthday party for Dr. Seuss!!! Every birthday has a gift, right? So the kids got to open a gift.
 It was this Dr. Seuss book! This was our Dr. Seuss book for the day!
 At birthday party's you play games, right? So the kids played a fishing game! So much fun!
 Every birthday party has a birthday cake, right? So we made Dr. Seuss a chocolate cake with white icing! The cake is a whole wheat chocolate cake that I found the recipe here. The icing I tried was a ganache and I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I am sure I did something wrong. LOL!!
 We sung "Happy Birthday" and blew out candles. :)
We had so much fun and are so enjoying our "Read Across America Week" here at our home!!

No comments: