A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 1, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Skillet

So maybe this doesn't look good but it is really delicious!

18 Chicken nuggets (cooked by directions on bag)
1 can broccoli cheese soup (I use cream of chicken)
2 cups of minute white rice uncooked
2 cups of frozen broccoli cuts (I use 1 cup broccoli and 1 cup shoe peg corn)
1 cup of water
1 cup of whole milk (I use 2%)
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Bake chicken nuggets. Spray large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, milk, water and soup to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil; add rice and stir. Cover, reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Top rice mixture with hot chicken nuggets and sprinkle with cheese. Place skillet in oven 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.

This is an easy meal and kid friendly! We really love this meal, even the kiddos!! :)

*I got this recipe from the back of a bag of chicken nuggets from Banquet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good!! I tried a new chicken receipe last night. I brought boneless chicken strips and battered them in crushed bran cereal, chopped pecans, and bisquick and cooked in oven for 45 minutes at 2:75. Good and tender. We had this with stewed tomatoes, green beans, and stewed squash with onions. A good meal for us. Love you, Mom