A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes....yummy!

Wanted to share what I made for Sarah's birthday when we celebrated with the grandparents.

Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box of devil foods cake mix
1 box of chocolate pudding
1 cup of chocolate chips

Bake using the directions on the back of the cake mix box. Just add the box of pudding and instead of water use milk. I also added a cup of chocolate chips.

Icing
1 cup of butter
1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
2 tsp clear vanilla extract
6 Tbsp of milk
1 package of powdered sugar (16 oz)

Cream the butter and cream cheese together until creamy. Mix in the vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, on low speed. Add milk and beat on medium until light and fluffy. You may want to add more milk if too thick or add more sugar if too runny. Just use your judgement, that is what I had to do. The cream cheese gives it a little cream cheese flavor but not too much. :)
This recipe is what I made and had enough to ice a sheet cake and 24 cupcakes.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That icing looks DIVINE :)

Wendy said...

Oh, Cantina!! I will definitely have to try these cupcakes! You know me and chocolate!! Thanks for sharing.