A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bitter-sweet week

This past week was a bitter-sweet one. Last Sunday Bryan left going to New Orleans to work on his doctoral project. The kids and I are always sad to see Daddy leave, even for a night and this was going to be for a week! So Bryan walked out the door Sunday afternoon (bitter) and in walked Maw and Paw for the week (sweet)! I am so thankful that my parents took time off work to come and spend a week with the kids and I!! We had been planning this for a while because they wanted to come two weeks after Joanna was born but I suggested that they wait and come when Bryan was going to be gone. It worked out GREAT! It was such a huge blessing to have them here this week. I also took this opportunity and did dentist and eye appointments since they would be here to help. They also helped with baseball practice and game and when Sarah had her play practice, so nice to not have to load all the kiddos up and unload and load and unload (get the picture?). Dad was great at playing with the little boys are holding Joanna so that I could do school with Isaac and Sarah or tend to the little boys. Mom was a huge help in going through clothes,to pull out the winter and get out the summer ones. She also made the best and most delicious potato soup last night, yummmy! :) I really can not list all the things they did and the many ways they were a help (I don't think blog world is that big...LOL)! We still were very busy and we all went from can to can't but it was so much enjoyable having them here. Bryan came back on Thursday night and we were all so happy to see him!! Then on Friday my dad got to help Bryan with some things outside (building a play set for the kiddos and working on a flower bed in the front). I am sure we wore my parents out but I know they loved being with their grandkids and oh the memories that were made. I know my parents well enough that they talked about their trip all the way home! We so enjoyed every day that my parents were here. They left this morning and it was an emotional moment but I am comforted to know they will be back real soon for a birthday celebration. We love you more than words can say, Maw and Paw!!

3 comments:

The McKinneys said...

What a great blessing to have so much help at a time that could have been so overwhelming! Glad you had a great time!

Graham saw your picture at the top of the blog and ask "Who is that cute wittle baby?" I said "Joanna" and he said, "OOOOOOH, NaNa is So Cute!"

Nancy said...

I KNOW you loved every minute of having them there!! Such a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry!! We have a great time with you and the kids. So glad GOD could use us as a blessing to you, as HE has always used you as a blessing to us. In case I haven't told you lately, I love you (and Bryan and the kids too)!!!

Lots of hugs and love,
Maw