A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 10, 2011

Apple Dapple Cake


Wanted to share an awesome recipe with all of you. My dear hubby is so selfless that he never thinks of himself. If I am making out a menu or grocery list he will never be specific about what he would like. He is NOT a picky eater. So the other week when he said he would like an Apple Cake I wanted to make it my goal to make sure he got that before the baby came. My mother-in-law is who I turn to for recipes and she does make an Apple Cake. I called her and asked her for this recipe, thank you Joan! I had never made an Apple Cake before and I was really worried that it would not be any count...but Bryan LOVED it and went on and on about how good it was! I have to agree it was a very delicious cake! I thought I would share it and maybe you too could try it out and see what you think! Enjoy!! (Again thanks to my mother-n-law for this recipe!)

Apple Dapple Cake

2 c. sugar 1 t. vanilla
1 ¼ c. butter flavored Crisco
1 c. chopped nuts
4 eggs
3 c raw apples, chopped
3 c self-rising flour
½ t. cinnamon

(1) Mix sugar, Crisco and eggs. (2) Add flour. (3) Add vanilla, nuts, apples and cinnamon, mix well. (4) Pour into well-greased & floured tube pan (may use a bunt pan) (5) Bale 1 hour @ 350. (6) Let cool about 30 minutes, then turn onto cake plate.

Sauce
1c. light brown sugar
1 stick margarine
¼ c. milk dash of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients, bring to boil in microwave, let cool a few minutes. Pour over warm cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! Will there be any left when we get there Thursday? ;>

Love and Hugs,
Mother

Nancy said...

Looks delish!
So excited for you!