A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All I want for my birthday is...

my family to feel better. That's right yesterday was my birthday and guess what....6 out of 7 of us have the flu!! Actually Sarah was sick last Thursday but just had a fever and a headache,"just" because I didn't think it was flu because no body aches and no other "flu" symptoms. So we just would take extra precautions. We made sure she would wear a mask at the hospital and we made sure she stayed in her room all day. On Friday morning our sweet little Joanna was born. Then by that afternoon Isaac had a fever and did not want to eat. So we put him in Sarah's room and would not let him come back to the hospital on Saturday. Sarah was not running a fever Saturday morning so we let her some back to the hospital as long as she had a mask on. It was so hard, I wanted them to be able to enjoy having a new little sister but it wasn't quite that way. As we were coming home on that Saturday afternoon I did not feel the greatest, but just thought maybe it was post delivery. By Saturday night Bryan was not feeling great. On Sunday Timothy started running a fever and had a cough. On Monday morning we took the two smaller boys to the Dr. and one had Type A flu and the other had type B which meant that both strands of flu were/are running through our house. I was so sick yesterday so I too went to the Dr and I tested + for type B flu. Although Elijah never started showing symptoms we had him checked and then today he has coughed, ran a fever and now his throat hurts! Will this ever end?


The kids waiting in the waiting room with their Big brother and Big Sister shirts on that we made.


The kids coming in to find out if the baby is a boy or girl.


Bryan is a very proud Daddy! And a GREAT Daddy!


Joanna Ruth Camp! I love her!! She looks so much like Sarah (I will post about that soon).

Me holding Joanna for the first time! I was very surprised she was a girl.


Timothy giving his baby sister some kisses!!


Elijah did not want to hold her at first but then he couldn't keep his hands off her. He loves her!!


I don't even want to post this picture because Sarah has that mask on but this is exactly how it was. She did pretty good about keeping it on. I know she can't wait to love on Joanna!!


Proud Big brother! I can see the sick in his eyes in this picture! :(


My dad enjoying a moment with Joanna. We always talk about how my parents had 1 child and now have 5 grandkids. That's a quiver full of grandkids!



A proud Pop!!! Joanna makes #8 grandkid for Pop and Gigi!!




My Dr. cuddling and loving on Joanna!


Bryan's mom and dad came up and stayed at a hotel on Thursday night. That was great for us so the kids and Bryan could go there on Friday afternoon and take a much needed rest! We are so thankful they were able to come up and help out with the other 4 kids and have some bonding time with them. Thanks Pop and Gigi!!



My mother stayed the night with me at the hospital. We wanted Bryan to take the kids home so they would not be out of wack and so they all could get some decent rest. My Dad was able to go home with Bryan and the kids and help there. We are so thankful they were here and able to help!!

I have posted some pics at the hospital. Needless to say we have stayed in the house as much as possible. We are praying and have asked others to pray that we will all get better soon and that little Joanna doesn't get sick! Please pray with us and for us! We are trusting and leaning on the Lord!! He is our great Physician and our ultimate Healer! Maybe when we are all better we can celebrate Joanna's birth, my birthday and Bryan's birthday (21st) and celebrate just being well!!
The voting on the blog for boy or girl....Girl won!! Looks like you guys were right. Wasn't that fun? Thanks for joining in on our fun!

2 comments:

Christina Bunn said...

Cantina, Joanna is gorgeous! All the kids look so excited to see her. I am so sorry you are all sick. Will be praying for a quick recovery. Give everyone our love. Love you girl.

Berri Hale said...

I'm so happy that Joanna Ruth is doing great. She looks absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine how much help you have with the older children! Call me sometime! I would love to catch up! Miss you!
~Berri