A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life: What a Beautiful Choice

I am in the middle of reading the book "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It has been a very good book and my dear hubby is reading it with me (I just love him). I wanted to share with you one thing I read the other day in the Chapter on Lies about Priorities. She tells how her refrigerator has pictures of families all over it and each year after Christmas she replaces the old photo with the new one and then thinks about what that family has been through the previous year, example: a new baby, a grandchild born, a new job, a move, a death, etc..

In the middle of the photos, I have placed a bumper sticker you may recall seeing several years ago: "Life: What a Beautiful Choice". These women have chosen life by bearing children (something only a woman can do, I might add); and they are choosing life everyday....
with every meal they prepare;
with every load of dirty clothes they wash;
with every trip they make to the grocery store, to school, to the dentist, to piano lessons, to soccer practice, or to the shoe store;
with every scraped knee they bandage;
with every encouraging word they speak;
with every night hour they spend rocking a sick or scared child;
with every dispute they arbitrate;
with every moment they spend building Legos, coloring, helping with math problems, reading a Bible story, or listening to a husband or child describe his day;
with every moment they spend interceding for the spiritual growth and protection of their family.
Day in and day out they are building a home; they are being life givers; they are laying a foundation and building a memorial that will outlive them for generations to come; they are honoring their Creator in the greatest possible way.


This was something I need to be reminded of through out my days. It was an encouragement for me and my prayer is that is has touched your heart in some way. Thank you for chooisng life...what a beautiful choice!!

No comments: