A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

Bryan and Sarah pulling Elijah on the horse.

Sarah and Mrs. Stacie on the sled.

Isaac throwing snowballs!

Me with the kids! (Elijah is with my mom)

Bryan with the kids

Timothy crawling in the snow!

Mr. Shane pushing Sarah, Brady and Isaac on the sled.

Mine and Elijah's turn on the sled!

Elijah

Timothy

Sarah

Isaac

My pictures are in no particular order. You see we actually enjoyed the snow for 2 days!! On Friday the children had so much fun watching it snow and wondering if it would stick enough to play in. Isaac said "I prayed 3 times that it would snow and I thought I would have to pray 7 times like Elijah in the Bible, but it only took 3 times.". Once we had eaten lunch we all bundled up and headed outside for some fun in the snow. Bryan got out a cardboard box for the kids to slide on, but Sarah discovered the plastic rocking horse in the barn and thought that would be a nice ride. It turned out they had they best time on the horse. They also enjoyed building a snowman that was over 6 feet tall!! Timothy had his first snow experience and had a great time! I put him down in the snow and he crawled everywhere. I really thought he would eat it but he didn't! Then I brought Timothy inside for dry clothes and a nap while the rest of the family stayed out and played some more. Finally it was time for everyone to come in and put on dry clothes and rest for awhile. God is so good!! The snow was still on the ground Saturday morning and we took advantage of it. Once breakfast was eaten we bundled up again and went out to enjoy the snow once more. This time I didn't take Timothy out and he let me know it too. Some of our nieghbors came over with their youngest son, who is Sarah's age, and brought two sleds. Since Timothy was down for a nap I got to go outside and enjoy being with the kids and the snow. We had so much fun with the Denham's and riding the sleds. The kids were outside in the snow for atleast 2 hours just on Saturday!! As little as it does snow here in Alabama I am glad we got to enjoy this snow for two days. Thank you God for snow and for those beautiful blessings we call children!!

2 comments:

Wendy Harris said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the snow and made special memories together with your kids. Tell Bro. Bryan that I especially loved the first picture of him with the "girlie" scarf!

The McKinneys said...

Looks Like the kids had a blast! I'm so glad they got to enjoy it both days!