A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A nugget of God's truth...





I don't know how many of you are familiar with Nancy Leigh DeMoss, but I was introduced to one of her books almost 3 years ago and since then have grown to admire her. I don't admire her for her beauty, fame or riches but for her walk with the Lord and the Truth that she teaches. She teaches God's Word even when it's not the popular thing and those teachers are few and far between. I would highly recommend that you check out her website at www.reviveourhearts.com and even encourage you to take one of the challenges that they offer. I have done the True Woman challenge on her site and have gained so much from it.

Check out what Psalm 127 says...

Psalm 127
Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.

In case you don't know, I am crazy about my family!! I love being a wife and a mother and I know that I am fulfilling God's call on my life. When I read Psalm 127 I know that I can not do this without God. These verses remind me that I need to persistently and fervently pray for God to help me and that He would turn my children's hearts toward Him (verse 1). Jonothan Edwards, a great man of God, prayed daily for 5 generations after him. I want to start now praying for my children's spouses and for my grandchildren. Also from Psalm 127:4 the Bible is clear that we will send our children out and I must ask myself am I instilling in them a vision for how GOD wants to use them to fulfill His purposes in our world. I have come to realize that I have a very important work to do and I can not take it lightly, I must get on my face and seek God daily and moment by moment. This mother thing has a great reward....eternity.

3 comments:

Wendy Harris said...

I love Psalm 127! I also love getting encouragement from your posts as a wife & mother and being reminded of the importance of discipling my children. Thank you so much for these posts! Love you!

Cantina Camp said...

Thank you Wendy for the encouraging comments!

Unknown said...

hey cantina this is brit, my email is brittnyrn@centurylink.net--if u have fb i have one too. I really miss u guys--love ya,
brittny st.amand mcvey