A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From Our kitchen to Yours....

Left over spaghetti?

Sunday we had spaghetti for lunch and even with my family (2 adults and 3 kids) we had leftovers. I always cook my noodles and sauce seperate and then we serve our plates from there. So for lunch today I mixed the noodles and sauce together and poured it in a 9x13 greased casserole dish. Then I added sliced cheese (grated chesse would be great too) on the top. I baked it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until the cheese was melted. So we had a new something for lunch, Spaghetti Bake, and not just "leftovers". It is really good and different. I haven't always been confident enough to try new things but over the years I have ventured out and now I don't mind trying something new. When I try something new my family gets to be the ginny pigs...Bryan doesn't mind. So what new things have you tried, I would love to hear from you. Happy Cooking!!

2 comments:

The McKinneys said...

I do something similar. I add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the meat sauce. Then I layer noodles, sauce, shredded mozzarella and repeat. The soup gives it a different flavor. Try it next time!

Cantina Camp said...

Thanks so much for the idea!! I can't wait to try this!