A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 10, 2009

A nugget of God's Truth...

Hebrews Chapter 10 verses 24 & 25 says..

Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much more as you see the Day approaching.

Each time I have read or studied this passage I have always tought of it to refer to not forsaking the church building...boy has God opened my eyes! Recently a friend emailed me and refered to this verse in our relationship as friends. I believe that the writer of Hebrews knows how important it is for us to fellowship with other believers. Not just at church but with the church (the body). Just think of how God uses others in our lives to encourage, spur us on, accountablilty, to bless us, etc. May I encourage you to seek out those friends and don't forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Encourage those God places in your life and allow others to be a blessing to you. I am guilty of not receiving blessings from others well, but I am learning to accept the blessings God gives me through others.

Cantina

No comments: