A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Isaac's Birthday Party!















Isaac had his party on Friday night and it was so much fun! Our fisherman wanted a fishing birthday party and cake so we did our best. I have a friend who made Isaac's invitations and put a picture of him with a fish he had caught on them! The invitations read "Our Big fisherman turns 8". She did an awesome job with the invites! Thanks Wendy! I wanted to fix him a nice fishing cake but didn't know what I would do. My mom found a bass magnet at the Bass Pro shop and it worked great! Thanks Mom! Together Bryan and I iced and decorated the cake and I felt that it turned out pretty well. Isaac loved it!! Once everyone arrived we ate pizza (which is one of Isaac's favorites). Then I had made a slideshow of pictures of him over the past 8 years and everyone watched it. He was so excited! As I got those pictures together I am amazed at how fast these 8 years have gone by and can't believe that my boy is growing up!!! After the slideshow we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cake and opened presents! Isaac was blessed with so many gifts! He has gotten alot of cards and some very nice things from our family, friends and church family. Thank you to each of you who have made Isaac's 8th Birthday so great!! As you can see that it was a team effort from each individual to make Isaac's day so special!! He is a very special boy and I know that God has great plans for him and is even using him right now in a special way. My prayer is that Isaac will glorify God greater this next year!




Love- Cantina (Mommy)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute cake for a cute boy! Happy birthday, Isaac! Looks like your day was extra special!
Love, Your Mommy's friend, Nancy